Old 14-03-2014, 09:57 AM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Brown View Post
Cox lookalikes like Sunset are a lot more reliable. Come to that even
French golden delicious apples grown in the UK on dwarfing rootstock are
nowhere near as inedible as French pumped up supermarket ones.
We've been to a couple of those days wher eyou can walk around the nursery and try the apples off the trees. Falstaff is a cox descendant which is delicious and also we noted how little affected its apples were in comparison to many others.