Old 14-03-2014, 07:54 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
mark mark is offline

Default Difficult to climb fencing

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
In article ,
mogga writes:
On Wed, 12 Mar 2014 21:47:56 +0000, Bill
wrote:

In message , P Bentley
writes
We are needing a long stretch of fencing around our allotment. But we
really
need to keep the cost down as much as possible.

It does not have to look pretty, but must be *difficult* to climb, as we
have had a number of thefts on the allotment. We are not allowed to use
any
barbed-wire.

Any suggestions as to what good inexpensive fencing is available with
the
above requirements, we would be grateful for. Thanks.

Having seen many of the contributions about fencing, you may find a moat
would be a better bet. A water filled stagnant ditch edged with
brambles would be a good deterrent.

We have easy to climb fencing at one corner. The other side is higher
than ours. A couple of barrows of manure makes a nice squidgy landing
for anyone coming over there.

Was listening to an ex-burglar saying trellis along the top makes
it much harder, because it will break one way or another, and the
noise attracts attention, which is what they don't like.

--

Thick grease along the top?