Old 16-03-2014, 10:54 AM
BedScien BedScien is offline
Registered User

Question Laying decorative tiles (first time gardener)

I am a complete amateur and have landed myself the task of laying some stone slabs for a friend.

The idea is to create a border and fill the inside with slate. The whole thing will be purely decorative and not used as a path.

My main query is what type of foundation to create for the slabs to prevent them breaking over time with changing weather + seasons etc.

Any help is appreciated, but particularly stories of people's experiences!!