Old 17-03-2014, 03:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sacha sacha is offline

Default Yes this IS publicity!

On 2014-03-17 14:29:01 +0000, Spider said:

On 17/03/2014 11:39, Sacha wrote:
Ray & I were 'interviewed' for the Garden Festival at Powderham in May.
We had no idea that following a long, relaxed coffee time with the
lovely PR people about Ray doing an informal, anecdotal chat there, we
would then be asked to compete with the rooks for a bit of 'airtime'!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtsGvkRQQAI

Nice to see you both before our May visit. Well done for competing so
bravely with the rooks! Will you be able to go to Powderham, or is
Hill House too hungry for your time?

Definitely going to Powderham but it will be just me and Ray manning
it, as it's a BH week end. It's very rare for us to do any shows
because of the Nursery but it's so good to see a real horticultural
show taking place in the far south west that we want to support it and
there will be a lot of good nurseries and speakers, including Ann
Swithinbank and Dr Todd Gray who's a historian whose expertise is the
history of Devon. Ray's going to do a sort of "Confessions of a
Nurseryman" chat with one of the women we met on the Friday.

Powderham is the castle close to Dawlish and for those who have come
down to Devon by train, as you go through Dawlish and look up, you can
just see the castle and a lovely view of the deer park. In fact,
they're going to make a bit of a 'thing' out of the fact that people
can walk from Dawlish station to the castle in 10 to 15 minutes.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com