Old 19-12-2002, 05:26 PM
Michael Hagen

Default (LONG) Bigfoot Is Dead

In article ,
says...
Michael Hagen wrote in message ...
In article ,
says...
From The Oregonian, Dec. 6, 2002, p A1

Bighoax: The abominable truth can finally be told
The family of Ray L. Wallace goes public with his monstrous prank
after his death at age 84

snip good stuff, not all true

Ray was a joker and an original character. However, I seriously doubt
his "confession" will sway true Bigfoot devotees pro or con. I
recommend Robert Michael Pyle's book, Where Bigfoot Walks, for a good
holiday read. Many native people take BF seriously. I've been warned
about the big guy myself when cruising certain tribal forestlands.

The original article of the Lost Cabin Mine would have placed the
location near either Mt. Adams or Mt. St. Helens (which also has an
"Ape Cave"). The story was that after finding a rich placer deposit,
several miners woke up to large rocks bouncing through their log-cabin

Sounds like a cool spot. I worked on the Orleans District in the mid
70's - that's where Bluff Creek is. That combination of extreme terrain
and isolation is actually pretty common in the coast range - no matter
if the tract has been roaded. It's a very steep, rugged place, covered
in poison oak and big trees. Believe me - the Big Guy could have mooned
Bf investigators from 15 feet off any road and nobody would have been
the wiser. Had a barracks mate there called Bigfoot too.
Old 25-12-2002, 10:26 PM
Daniel B. Wheeler

Michael Hagen wrote in message ...
In article ,
says...
Michael Hagen wrote in message ...
In article ,
says...
From The Oregonian, Dec. 6, 2002, p A1

[...]

There may be some confusion in the name as well. The native Americans
called the original creature Sasquatch. There was also a giant native
American named Bigfoot, who also lived in Oregon and Idaho in the
1870s. That was during a time when it was pretty politically unpopular
to be native American: kind of like being a Democrat today.

Daniel B. Wheeler
www.oregonwhitetruffles.com