Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22-07-2003, 01:02 PM
Geoff Kegerreis

Default Aozotorp

This "Aozotorp" has consistently pushed his preservationist agenda on this forestry
usenet group while remaining anonymous. Most of his logic is seriously flawed and
s/he knows it. If I had to guess, s/he's probably at least a member (if not
personally one
of the upper managing members) of the Native Forest Council. This is the group that
wants all logging to stop on federal lands and has sued and sued and sued the USFS
over completely legitimate timber sales that help increase the health of the trees
and allow conditions for future management as well as offsetting federal taxes that
we
all pay. The lawsuits essentially, force the USFS to lose money on their timber
sales
which allows further support of the preservationist's argument for recreation over
timber
interests, furthering this ill-natured agenda, but worse yet, it increases the
citizen's tax
liability. Frankly, I am tired of paying additional taxes to our governments,
including
(and especially) the latest "recreational fee" taxes that have been in place over the
last
4-5 years to help re-coup some of these frivilous lawsuit costs (of course it costs
money
to fight even if you win).

While conservation efforts are worthwhile of serious kudos, this idividual's
preservationists rhetoric
undermines our rational discussions about management and other worthwhile discussions

on this group. Regardless of the precision of my speculation as to who this
individual is, his
(or her?) views are strong enough to warrant complete sincerity which means stepping
in front
of their fake name and taking the responsibility to be publicly humiliated for the
absurdity of their
blatantly illogical views.

No, John - I don't like that person very much :-)

Hope everything is going good for you!

See ya,
Geoff

John Ponder wrote:

Why you being so harsh Geoff? Is this someone you dont like?
On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 12:05:43 GMT, Geoff Kegerreis
wrote:

It's not like fires don't travel, you anonymous yellowbelly.

Aozotorp wrote:

Terri Barton, the arsonist who started the Hayman fire in Colorado last
year, has been sentenced to 6 years in prison for her crime. She still
faces state charges, where she could be sentenced to up to 12 years.

Yea, and the Republicans in Congress on C-Span were saying the fire was so big
becuase it was Roadless area burning = She set the fire right off a road!