Old 20-08-2003, 03:44 AM
Le Messurier

Default ForestERA project

Thought you all should see this if you aren't on their list. It was
released to the public today. I've managed a first reading. My
impression is that the scientists are getting the upper hand on
scientific forest restoration. It isn't all by guess and by gosh.
This paper(and the project) is the result of years of labor, and while
much remains to be done, the participants are due many kudos. BUT!!!
Can the greens live with the science? I doubt it. So the struggle
for sanity in the forests will go on.

The paper is he

http://www.forestera.nau.edu/pap679.pdf