Old 17-08-2005, 06:23 AM
CHRISTINE GROGAN

Default Bizmarkia

Does anyone know how to move a Bizmarkia palm without killing it. We have a
beautiful big specimen in our garden - but unfortunately was planted in the
wrong place!

Old 17-08-2005, 06:38 AM
HC

G'day Christine

While I can't help specifically I will say to make sure that whoever
moves it knows exactly what they are doing. I had one of the Date Palms
moved by a so-called professional a few years ago, he charged $60 and it
later died. It too, had been planted in the wrong place (too close to
the front entrance) by professional landscapers when the house was
built, and it blew over one night during a wild storm, so I took
advantage of that mishap to move it further onto the lawn area and keep
the spikes away from visitors coming to the front door.

It was too big and way too heavy for me to do on my own, so I had no
choice but to hire someone to do the job. He was highly recommended but
I don't give similar recommendations as to his level of competency.

Good luck.......you've got a lovely palm there and it would be a shame
to lose it.

Bronwyn ;-)

Old 19-08-2005, 12:55 AM
John Savage

"CHRISTINE GROGAN" writes:
Does anyone know how to move a Bizmarkia palm without killing it. We have a
beautiful big specimen in our garden - but unfortunately was planted in the
wrong place!

It might help if you quantified "big" in terms of metres height.

e.g., can you wait for a couple of months? --- by early summer I expect
the Elvis heavy lifter sky-crane will be available for hire. :-))

Even if the palm is too large to move, Elvis can move the house.

Old 20-08-2005, 12:13 AM
marjam

We advertised our Palm in the paper as "give away" & we had a few people
come & look at it & one man has arranged to have it removed to his property,
at no expense to us. He has had to get a back hoe in to remove it. Hope
this is of help.