Old 24-08-2005, 12:37 PM
Robo

Default What is this plant?

I noticed this plant bushwalking in Sydney.
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~robertcroll/plant.JPG
Could someone tell me what the name of this plant is?

Thanks in advance
Rob

Old 24-08-2005, 01:20 PM
Terry Collins

Robo wrote:
I noticed this plant bushwalking in Sydney.
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~robertcroll/plant.JPG
Could someone tell me what the name of this plant is?

Small tree/large bush? Flaky papery bark?

Looks like Pine leaved Geebung, (Persoonia ?????)

Old 31-08-2005, 12:01 PM
Robo

Hi Terry,
It is a medium size bush with grey, slightly flaky bark. Under the flaky
bark is a light blood-red bark.

Cheers

Old 01-09-2005, 11:58 AM
Terry Collins

Robo wrote:
Hi Terry,
It is a medium size bush with grey, slightly flaky bark. Under the flaky
bark is a light blood-red bark.

Sounds and looks like a Persoonia sp. to me.

Old 01-09-2005, 01:07 PM
Robo

Thanks Scott

After researching your suggestion I now believe it is Darwinia fascicularis
subsp. oligantha

Cheers

"Scott Davies" wrote in message
the flower looks like a darwinia