GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   onion grass (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/10263-onion-grass.html)

Tom & Vicki 13-03-2003 03:32 AM

onion grass

I'm a second year horticulture student in the middle of some major
assignments..Does anyone have any information on onion (or guildford) grass.
I need to find out all about it's life cycle etc. What I have read on the
net does not seem to cover the information I need.

Cheers
Vicki

Chookie 15-03-2003 02:08 AM

onion grass

In article ,
"Tom & Vicki" wrote:

I'm a second year horticulture student in the middle of some major
assignments..Does anyone have any information on onion (or guildford) grass.

I have only heard it called onion weed, not onion grass. And you probably
need to use the botanical name if you want to search on the net.

Don't you have a library at your college? Ask the staff -- they probably have
a number of reference works on Australian weeds.

Chookie the TAFE librarian

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"...children should continue to be breastfed... for up to two years of age
or beyond." -- Innocenti Declaration, Florence, 1 August 1990

Loosecannon 16-03-2003 03:45 PM

onion grass

Tom & Vicki wrote in message
I'm a second year horticulture student in the middle of some major
assignments..Does anyone have any information on onion (or guildford)

grass.
I need to find out all about it's life cycle etc. What I have read on the
net does not seem to cover the information I need.

Cheers
Vicki

Try speaking to a greenkeeper. Rosehill Golf Course has Guildford Grass.

China 01-04-2003 10:32 AM

onion grass

G'day,
If you have access to the TAFE library system , there is a treasury of stuff
at the Ryde campus.

--
China
Wingham