Old 08-11-2005, 11:52 PM
nagem ydnas

Default fusilade

hi,
we have a large planting of agapanthus that have survived the builders. With
the busy time of building over the last year the poor things have been sadly
neglected and now are very weedy with ki and couch... I have discovered that
some councils are using fusilade on the public gardens to keep unwanteds at
bay ... will it work on my aggies too??

thanks all......

Old 22-11-2005, 01:50 PM posted to aus.gardens

"nagem ydnas" wrote in message
hi,
we have a large planting of agapanthus that have survived the builders.
With the busy time of building over the last year the poor things have
been sadly neglected and now are very weedy with ki and couch... I have
discovered that some councils are using fusilade on the public gardens to
keep unwanteds at bay ... will it work on my aggies too??

thanks all......

Fusilade will knock the Aggies about also. If you have the chance I would
dig up the agapanthus and divide. Shoe horn them into a hole in a shady
spot.
Spray they couch and Kike with roundup and leave it for a few weeks to die
then put the aggies back into the garden.

BUT

They are damn tuff so if you sprayed carefully you may get away with it
leaving them in situ. Fusilade seems to translocate through the weeds quite
effectively so a careful hand may be enough if there is space between the
plants.

Good Luck
CT