GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   ants in worm farm (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/12142-ants-worm-farm.html)

Mousie 29-03-2003 04:08 AM

ants in worm farm

I am having a real problem with those little black ants in my worm farm. I
put ice-cream containers under each leg and filled it with water which
stopped them for a couple of weeks, but the little buggers are now swimming
across to get to the leg. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it
myself! Does anyone have any ideas of how to keep them out?

Thanks

--
Mousie

3 )~

---

Anna Merchant 29-03-2003 05:08 AM

ants in worm farm

Ant Bait ?

--
Anna Merchant

http://www.thecotfactory.co.nz
If electricity comes from electrons, does that mean that morality comes from
morons?

APR 29-03-2003 07:20 AM

ants in worm farm

Pour some kero into the water, it will float on top of the water and the
ants will not like it at all.

Noddy 30-03-2003 05:44 AM

ants in worm farm

and if they decide they like the kero you could always put a match to it
once they get in
:;-)

Perksy 30-03-2003 11:08 PM

ants in worm farm

I had the same problem and I ended up putting vasoline on the legs of
the worm farm - ants can't get past it!

Mousie 31-03-2003 01:56 AM

ants in worm farm

That sounds like an excellent idea

--
Mousie

3 )~

"Perksy" wrote in message
om...
I had the same problem and I ended up putting vasoline on the legs of
the worm farm - ants can't get past it!

. ..

Gen 02-04-2003 02:56 AM

ants in worm farm

"Mousie" wrote in message . ..
That sounds like an excellent idea

--
Mousie

3 )~

"Perksy" wrote in message
om...
I had the same problem and I ended up putting vasoline on the legs of
the worm farm - ants can't get past it!

. ..

"Mousie" wrote in message
I am having a real problem with those little black ants in my worm

farm.
put ice-cream containers under each leg and filled it with water which
stopped them for a couple of weeks, but the little buggers are now

swimming
across to get to the leg. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't

seen
it
myself! Does anyone have any ideas of how to keep them out?

Thanks

--
Mousie

3 )~

---

---

---

There may be a basic cause of the ant attraction, food....have you
checked the lowest tray, where the water drains?
I found I had lots of dead worms

Bushy 02-04-2003 10:20 AM

ants in worm farm

http://www.csiro.au/index.asp?type=faq&id=Ant%20control