Old 05-04-2003, 06:33 AM
ideekay

Default Tomato experts

Is it possible to do this . When the tomato reaches 9 feet in the glass
house I wont to lay it down and fit the stem into one of those plastic
window boxes and when the roots develope cut the stem and rearrange the
plant vertically.

#_____6Ft_________{ # }________@
Roots W/Box Top

Cheers Ian in Bendigo VIC.

Old 05-04-2003, 06:33 AM
Chookie

In article ,
"ideekay" wrote:

Is it possible to do this . When the tomato reaches 9 feet in the glass
house

snipped due to boggle

Nine FEET? Is this a tomato or a triffid?

I don't see why you couldn't do it, though personally I'd just lay a lateral
across the planter box rather than try to bend the stem.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

I don't regard myself as a fanatic. I just have handy milk dispensers.
-- Lee, misc.kids
Old 05-04-2003, 06:33 AM
ideekay

I had to look up trifid to find out what a "Trifid" was , I take it you mean
9 feet is exceptional , my tomatoes always end up 9 ft plus the glass house
is 9 ft high and the tomatoes try to climb to the highest point but are
twarted by the heat when contacting the covering , in some circumstances the
commercial growers will growout the plants to about 20 feet is the longest I
have seen and probably could have gone longer . My dream is to avoid going
back to a seedling at the onset of winter.

Cheers Ian in Bendigo.

Triffid Nurseries

Carnivorous plant nursey located in Devon, England. Large selection of
Sarracenia and Drosera together with Darlingtonia, pings, Venus Fly Traps
etc. Vistors welcome, plants also supplied mail order.

Mailorder
Services
Retail (storefront)
Product Lines:
Carnivorous Plants

Catalog Request

Contact Information:

Mailing Address:
Triffid Nurseries
22, Glanville Road
Tavistock
Devon
England
PL19 OEB

Email:

Phone: 01822 614029

----
GardenWeb Europe Home Page | Directory | Garden-related Businesses |
Submissions
Copyright © The Virtual Mirror

"Chookie" wrote in message

Old 05-04-2003, 06:33 AM
rob

"ideekay" wrote:

Is it possible to do this . When the tomato reaches 9 feet in the
glass house

snipped due to boggle

Nine FEET? Is this a tomato or a triffid?

I don't see why you couldn't do it, though personally I'd just lay a
lateral across the planter box rather than try to bend the stem.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

I don't regard myself as a fanatic. I just have handy milk
dispensers.
-- Lee, misc.kids

A Triffid was fictional plant that ate humans (from a movie based on a
book)

--
Robert B* II

Tayberry experts mogga United Kingdom 22 04-04-2009 10:26 PM
Questions for chilli experts Pam Moore United Kingdom 2 04-06-2003 10:44 AM
Question for experts - algae and freshwater shrimp KEITH JENNINGS Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 20-04-2003 06:12 AM
Bug Experts needed D&M Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 18-03-2003 08:44 AM
German foresty experts Michael Yared alt.forestry 0 08-12-2002 05:26 AM