GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Geraniums (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/13157-re-geraniums.html)

Mitch Kosklin 05-04-2003 06:33 AM

Geraniums

sounds like rust..

"Deb Tiplady" wrote in message
.. .
Can anyone explain why the leaves of my geraniums - some in pots , some in

big letterbox planter - have taken on an orangish tone ?
Thanks Deb

Heather Edwards 05-04-2003 06:33 AM

Geraniums

Yes it does sound like rust to me too which is identified by the orange
cirlcles and particularly affects pelargoniums. Control for rust is to spray
with zineb every 7-10 days or use wettable sulphur. Non-chemical : remove
infected leaves ASAP and do not apply excessive quantities of nitrogenous
fertiliser. From the pest disease book that I have called What Garden Pest
or Disease is That - Judy McMaugh. Hope you can fix the problem. Heather.