GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Nurseries in SE Melbourne (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/142555-nurseries-se-melbourne.html)

Joe 17-04-2006 10:39 AM

Nurseries in SE Melbourne

Hi all,

I am looking at buying a large number of plants for a backyard
renovation shortly and am wondering where people go for the best prices
around the South East Melbourne area.

There are a couple of local nurseries (medium sized - small variety of
plants) and knowledgable staff. There is a trade nursery in Dingley
which has a huge amount of small and established plants (both of which
I am looking to buy) but not for sale to the general public.

Any suggestions/recommendations would be appreciated.

Jonno 17-04-2006 11:36 AM

Nurseries in SE Melbourne

Joe wrote:
Hi all,

I am looking at buying a large number of plants for a backyard
renovation shortly and am wondering where people go for the best prices
around the South East Melbourne area.

There are a couple of local nurseries (medium sized - small variety of
plants) and knowledgable staff. There is a trade nursery in Dingley
which has a huge amount of small and established plants (both of which
I am looking to buy) but not for sale to the general public.

Any suggestions/recommendations would be appreciated.

As youre buying a large amount, you should be able to buy wholesale. :-X

Joe 17-04-2006 03:34 PM

Nurseries in SE Melbourne

From the local nurseries? or from a specific wholesaler? I was not
aware of this .. are there conditions on the quantity you must buy
before you are 'eligible'??

Thanks

Jonno 17-04-2006 06:33 PM

Nurseries in SE Melbourne

Joe wrote:
From the local nurseries? or from a specific wholesaler? I was not

aware of this .. are there conditions on the quantity you must buy
before you are 'eligible'??

Thanks

I've found offering anyone money usually allows you to buy at wholesale
prices.
Especially if you tell them you run a business.

Joe 18-04-2006 08:09 AM

Nurseries in SE Melbourne

True.. probably don't want to lie cause I'll probably get caught out :)
Also I suspect what I consider a great deal of plant buying and
spending my hard earned cash is small pittance to them.. Quite happy
to pay, I just want good value for money and quality goods/staff
knowledge.

Jonno 18-04-2006 08:20 AM

Nurseries in SE Melbourne

Joe wrote:
True.. probably don't want to lie cause I'll probably get caught out :)
Also I suspect what I consider a great deal of plant buying and
spending my hard earned cash is small pittance to them.. Quite happy
to pay, I just want good value for money and quality goods/staff
knowledge.

Just go in there and try.
Faint hear never won fair lady. Then again I bargain with shop keepers
all the time.
And I do run my small business...It has advantages...Trouble is its
becoming smaller all the time.
Must be the GST or something....

Jonno 18-04-2006 02:02 PM

Nurseries in SE Melbourne

Joe wrote:
True.. probably don't want to lie cause I'll probably get caught out :)
Also I suspect what I consider a great deal of plant buying and
spending my hard earned cash is small pittance to them.. Quite happy
to pay, I just want good value for money and quality goods/staff
knowledge.

Any way you can always give them a phone call.

Vampyre 20-04-2006 08:12 AM

Nurseries in SE Melbourne

Joe wrote:
Hi all,

I am looking at buying a large number of plants for a backyard
renovation shortly and am wondering where people go for the best prices
around the South East Melbourne area.

There are a couple of local nurseries (medium sized - small variety of
plants) and knowledgable staff. There is a trade nursery in Dingley
which has a huge amount of small and established plants (both of which
I am looking to buy) but not for sale to the general public.

Any suggestions/recommendations would be appreciated.

Chris & Maree's Plant Farm (www.hellohello.com.au) in Carrum Downs has
pretty good prices and a reasonable range.
Gardenworld on Springvale Road (I think it's in Dingley) usually has a
better range, although they charge a little more.

Biggus 23-04-2006 04:32 PM

Nurseries in SE Melbourne

Just around the corner from hello hello (back up hill turn left at
KFC and go about 600mts) theres a 'garden center' which is really a
blokes home hobby plant place but everything $3.00