Old 17-04-2006, 10:39 AM posted to aus.gardens
Joe

Default Nurseries in SE Melbourne

Hi all,

I am looking at buying a large number of plants for a backyard
renovation shortly and am wondering where people go for the best prices
around the South East Melbourne area.

There are a couple of local nurseries (medium sized - small variety of
plants) and knowledgable staff. There is a trade nursery in Dingley
which has a huge amount of small and established plants (both of which
I am looking to buy) but not for sale to the general public.

Any suggestions/recommendations would be appreciated.

Old 17-04-2006, 11:36 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno

Joe wrote:
Hi all,

I am looking at buying a large number of plants for a backyard
renovation shortly and am wondering where people go for the best prices
around the South East Melbourne area.

There are a couple of local nurseries (medium sized - small variety of
plants) and knowledgable staff. There is a trade nursery in Dingley
which has a huge amount of small and established plants (both of which
I am looking to buy) but not for sale to the general public.

Any suggestions/recommendations would be appreciated.

As youre buying a large amount, you should be able to buy wholesale. :-X
Old 17-04-2006, 03:34 PM posted to aus.gardens
Joe

From the local nurseries? or from a specific wholesaler? I was not
aware of this .. are there conditions on the quantity you must buy
before you are 'eligible'??

Thanks

Old 17-04-2006, 06:33 PM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno

Joe wrote:
From the local nurseries? or from a specific wholesaler? I was not

aware of this .. are there conditions on the quantity you must buy
before you are 'eligible'??

Thanks

I've found offering anyone money usually allows you to buy at wholesale
prices.
Especially if you tell them you run a business.
Old 18-04-2006, 08:09 AM posted to aus.gardens
Joe

True.. probably don't want to lie cause I'll probably get caught out
Also I suspect what I consider a great deal of plant buying and
spending my hard earned cash is small pittance to them.. Quite happy
to pay, I just want good value for money and quality goods/staff
knowledge.

Old 18-04-2006, 08:20 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno

Joe wrote:
True.. probably don't want to lie cause I'll probably get caught out
Also I suspect what I consider a great deal of plant buying and
spending my hard earned cash is small pittance to them.. Quite happy
to pay, I just want good value for money and quality goods/staff
knowledge.

Just go in there and try.
Faint hear never won fair lady. Then again I bargain with shop keepers
all the time.
And I do run my small business...It has advantages...Trouble is its
becoming smaller all the time.
Must be the GST or something....
Old 18-04-2006, 02:02 PM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno

Joe wrote:
True.. probably don't want to lie cause I'll probably get caught out
Also I suspect what I consider a great deal of plant buying and
spending my hard earned cash is small pittance to them.. Quite happy
to pay, I just want good value for money and quality goods/staff
knowledge.

Any way you can always give them a phone call.
Old 20-04-2006, 08:12 AM posted to aus.gardens
Vampyre

Joe wrote:
Hi all,

I am looking at buying a large number of plants for a backyard
renovation shortly and am wondering where people go for the best prices
around the South East Melbourne area.

There are a couple of local nurseries (medium sized - small variety of
plants) and knowledgable staff. There is a trade nursery in Dingley
which has a huge amount of small and established plants (both of which
I am looking to buy) but not for sale to the general public.

Any suggestions/recommendations would be appreciated.

Chris & Maree's Plant Farm (www.hellohello.com.au) in Carrum Downs has
pretty good prices and a reasonable range.
Gardenworld on Springvale Road (I think it's in Dingley) usually has a
better range, although they charge a little more.

Old 23-04-2006, 04:32 PM posted to aus.gardens
Biggus

Just around the corner from hello hello (back up hill turn left at
KFC and go about 600mts) theres a 'garden center' which is really a
blokes home hobby plant place but everything $3.00