Old 10-05-2006, 12:53 PM posted to aus.gardens
Chookie

Default Brunfelsia - neurotoxin

In article ,
Linda H wrote:

Hi again, Roberta. I just typed 'Brunfelsia australis' into Google
images (
http://images.google.com/images?q=Br...=en&lr=&s tar
t=20&sa=N
) and yes, that's a pretty mauve flower so I can see why some people
have adopted it as an ornamental plant. I'll be sure to warn anyone I
see with it about its toxic properties for dogs.

I only wish it were attractive to the next-door neighbour's cats!

The common name is Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow: the flowers change colour
each day for 3 days.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue
Old 11-05-2006, 12:22 AM posted to aus.gardens
Terry Collins

Chookie wrote:

The common name is Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow: the flowers change colour
each day for 3 days.

That crap. Invasive *******. One day I'm going to give those distant
shoots a dose of glycho.

OTOH, you can mash the ******* with anything you like and it comes back.

It was the pox in swmbo's dowry and I'm not allowed to eradicate it.

Old 11-05-2006, 08:02 AM posted to aus.gardens
Chookie

In article
,
Terry Collins wrote:

The common name is Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow: the flowers change colour
each day for 3 days.

That crap. Invasive *******. One day I'm going to give those distant
shoots a dose of glycho.

Not as invasive as the cats from next door, I assure you!

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue
Old 11-05-2006, 12:47 PM posted to aus.gardens
Terry Collins

Chookie wrote:

Not as invasive as the cats from next door, I assure you!

True, they have to walk right past it and as I found out today, over a
new sucker.