Old 27-07-2006, 02:18 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jen Jen is offline

Default small mandarins

My mandarin tree has only very small fruit. I've only had it for a couple
of years, but there's quite a bit of fruit already, could this be why?
Should I have removed some of the fruit when they first began? Will they be
better next year?

Thanks for any help

Jen

Old 27-07-2006, 09:01 AM posted to aus.gardens

Maybe its a kumquat? Or maybe it produces a small mandarin variety?

My neighbor fertilized his mandarin tree soil with dead fish. And it seemed
to help.

Old 27-07-2006, 10:01 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jen Jen is offline

"Stan E. Markerson" wrote in message
u...
Maybe its a kumquat? Or maybe it produces a small mandarin variety?

My neighbor fertilized his mandarin tree soil with dead fish. And it
seemed to help.

It's definitely not a Kumquat. I've forgotten which one it is, but I did
some research before buying it, and picked one of the *easy to peel* types.

Jen

Old 27-07-2006, 11:55 AM posted to aus.gardens
Tim Tim is offline

"Jen" wrote in message
My mandarin tree has only very small fruit. I've only had it for a couple
of years, but there's quite a bit of fruit already, could this be why?
Should I have removed some of the fruit when they first began? Will they
be
better next year?

Thanks for any help

Jen

May be trimming back small branches should help too.

Old 30-07-2006, 12:46 PM posted to aus.gardens

In article ,
"Stan E. Markerson" wrote:

Maybe its a kumquat? Or maybe it produces a small mandarin variety?

My neighbor fertilized his mandarin tree soil with dead fish. And it seemed
to help.

Might have helped the mandarins, but I bet it didn't help relationships with
the neighbours.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue

Newbie question: Small filter for small pond? angel toledo Ponds 4 22-04-2005 05:18 PM
Question about planting grass (small patches) [email protected] Lawns 2 01-04-2003 06:20 PM
small pond filtration Melissa Ponds 3 04-02-2003 07:58 PM
Very small growing medium g g Orchids 3 04-02-2003 02:59 AM
Small tractor With "Briggs@Stratton"EngineType "Farmers Boy" Alfsilver1 Gardening 0 30-01-2003 10:14 AM