GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Snails (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/149237-snails.html)

Farm1 01-09-2006 02:40 PM

Snails

"Jonno" wrote in message
Inactivist wrote:

But is that as a gardener or a sadist :) ?

With snails I Like salt, but also add a little garlic to mine.
Delicious. Viva la France...

You forgot the butter!

Jonno[_1_] 01-09-2006 11:56 PM

Snails

Farm1 wrote:
"Jonno" wrote in message

Inactivist wrote:

But is that as a gardener or a sadist :) ?

With snails I Like salt, but also add a little garlic to mine.
Delicious. Viva la France...

You forgot the butter!

Ah two in one Garlic butter...

China[_1_] 02-09-2006 11:11 AM

Snails

Easy, Simply do not accept cheques !

wrote in message
I've got snails in my letter-box, eating my cheques !

What's the best way to stop them ? Grr

jils[_1_] 03-09-2006 10:39 AM

Snails

internet banking?

Jonno[_1_] 03-09-2006 11:32 AM

Snails

jils wrote:
internet banking?

ile wrote:

I've got snails in my letter-box, eating my cheques !

What's the best way to stop them ? Grr

What internet banking? Theres worse pests than snails on the Internet
Beware for here there be monsters.

Jonno[_1_] 04-09-2006 02:05 AM

Snails

Ms Leebee wrote:
Loosecanon wrote:

I have the same problem and a sprinkling of snail pellets around the
base of the letter box is usually good enough. The poor snails in the
box usually end up slammed into the road, a tree and if big enough
cast in the heathens place 3 doors away.

I feel bad to admit this .. but .. I do this too :(

Er, please dont do that, thats my place.
I have them snails all waiting for the spring planting.
Time to sue fransis my snail loving duck onto 'em.
Then at christmas time ............

Terryc 04-09-2006 02:52 AM

Snails

Jonno wrote:

Er, please dont do that, thats my place.
I have them snails all waiting for the spring planting.
Time to sue fransis my snail loving duck onto 'em.
Then at christmas time ............

Err, I thought the idea was not to name anything you intend to eat?
Or are they all called Francis?

Isn't it easier just to collect the snails, feed them old bread for a
while, then cook them directly?

Jonno[_1_] 04-09-2006 07:12 PM

Snails

Terryc wrote:
Jonno wrote:

Er, please dont do that, thats my place.
I have them snails all waiting for the spring planting.
Time to sue fransis my snail loving duck onto 'em.
Then at christmas time ............

Err, I thought the idea was not to name anything you intend to eat?
Or are they all called Francis?

Isn't it easier just to collect the snails, feed them old bread for a
while, then cook them directly?

Nuh Snails dont taste like duck

Youve gotta know who youre eating...A bloke mite get con fused. Eat some
critter he dont know.. ye hafta tink of dese tings.

Molly 13-09-2006 07:37 AM

Snails

ile wrote:

I've got snails in my letter-box, eating my cheques !

What's the best way to stop them ? Grr. Put a bowl of cheap full strength beer at the bottom of the letter box. They love it and when they drink it they get drunk and fall in and drown. It works brilliantly. Then tip out all the dead snails and refill the bowl. Good luck.