Old 26-10-2006, 01:30 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default virburnums

can anyone advise if Viburnum Tinnitus can be trained into a hedge or even a
topiary?
I live in Queensland and my viburnum is only now (late October)starting to
flower and the quality of the flowers are very disappointing. I feel like
cutting it right back and just training it as a hedge etc.

Ashley

Old 26-10-2006, 08:00 AM posted to aus.gardens

"a mccarron" wrote in message

can anyone advise if Viburnum Tinnitus can be trained into a hedge

or even a
topiary?

Yes. It will do both well.

I live in Queensland and my viburnum is only now (late

October)starting to
flower and the quality of the flowers are very disappointing. I feel

like
cutting it right back and just training it as a hedge etc.

I think the flowers of the V. tinus to be dead boring. Others in the
Viburnum family have much better flowers but the V. tinus is
traditionally used for hedging.