GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Aerobin composter (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/166399-aerobin-composter.html)

M 03-11-2007 10:02 AM

Aerobin composter

G'day All,

Does anyone have any feedback on the new Aerobin compost bin? Supposed
to be designed in Oz and capable of producing good compost even in shade.

Very expensive though. Should I stick to my old no-bottom, black plastic
bin? Major problem with that is it gets infested with curl grubs. From
descriptions on the Aerobin's webpage, it might be proof against such bugs.

M.

Jonno[_9_] 04-11-2007 05:26 AM

Aerobin composter

After reading the website material I would say , it sounds good.

http://au.blogs.yahoo.com/better-hom...as-seen-on-tv/
Some others comment on this bin
http://members.essentialbaby.com.au/...owtopic=450236

Gangamma 20-11-2007 10:38 PM

Aerobin composter

I have been using aerobin since July. After hearing good stories about
it but so far it has not been very successful in breaking down the
waste yet. I think it lacks moisture and I have added some grey water
from washing machine to it. Hopefully it will solve the problem.
On hot days I have noticed a lot of bugs and flies inside it, but
never outside it, there is no noticeable smell either. This is my
first experience with composting.

http://au.blogs.yahoo.com/better-hom...bin-as-seen-on...