GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Aji dulce 2 chillis (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/166895-aji-dulce-2-chillis.html)

John Dickson 14-11-2007 12:08 PM

Aji dulce 2 chillis

Has anyone had any experience growing this kind of chilli. They are a
habernero with out the heat. Just received some seeds from USA.. Have
tried to grow regular habs in the past without a great deal of success.
Any tips would be appreciated........I live in WA.
JD

Terryc 14-11-2007 08:20 PM

Aji dulce 2 chillis

John Dickson wrote:
Just received some seeds from USA..

How did you get on with customs?
I'd be worried about introducing some virus, etc.

HC 15-11-2007 05:00 AM

Aji dulce 2 chillis

Terry, that's what I've been curious about because I found some seeds on
ebay that I wanted to buy, and naturally, the seller said it was OK to
import them, he does it all the time!! Sure!! Anyway when I read the
AQIS website I got the impression they couldn't be imported, although
for some species they radiate etc etc but of course, this all costs the
importer.

Curious to hear John's reply!

Bronwyn ;-)

John Dickson 15-11-2007 08:58 AM

Aji dulce 2 chillis

I have been buying seeds from the USA over the internet for 5 or more years
and had no problems. I get them from reputable companies ( not Ebay ) and
they come accompanied with a declaration from the supplier as to the full
description of the seeds and where they were grown. They are usually
opened by the Australian customs and they put a "Passed''
sticker on the envelope. I have been told by the customs dept that
capsicum seeds are OK providing they are not contained in soil.
There maybe some seeds that they will confiscate but I have only ever
ordered tomato and chilli seeds.

John D

HC 16-11-2007 02:27 AM

Aji dulce 2 chillis

Thanks John!! Some of the seeds I was interested in buying were
Lithops, I bought various tomatoes from Victoria and Queensland.

Good luck with the Chilli seeds
Bronwyn ;-)