GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   rose gardening (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/171242-rose-gardening.html)

tchick 21-02-2008 01:42 AM

rose gardening

Hi everyone, I was wondering if a kind soul out there might be able to
help me. I'm looking to buy a book on rose gardening for a birthday
present, but I know very little about rose gardens! i was wondering if
someone might be able to recommend one, preferrably one that is good
for australian gardens. Would love any tips or pointers in the right
direction.
Many thanks
Danielle

FarmI 21-02-2008 02:39 PM

rose gardening

"tchick" wrote in message
Hi everyone, I was wondering if a kind soul out there might be able to
help me. I'm looking to buy a book on rose gardening for a birthday
present, but I know very little about rose gardens! i was wondering if
someone might be able to recommend one, preferrably one that is good
for australian gardens. Would love any tips or pointers in the right
direction.

Jeeze Danielle, you don't half ask hard questions!

I have a heap of rose books but to recommend just one would be hard. Tell
us a bit about the person for whom you are buying and we might then have a
better idea. Are they a coffee table book type person, or a beginner or a
keen rosarian or........

Fran

Jonno[_6_] 23-02-2008 01:10 PM

rose gardening

tchick wrote:
Hi everyone, I was wondering if a kind soul out there might be able to
help me. I'm looking to buy a book on rose gardening for a birthday
present, but I know very little about rose gardens! i was wondering if
someone might be able to recommend one, preferrably one that is good
for australian gardens. Would love any tips or pointers in the right
direction.
Many thanks
Danielle

Seems a good book on Ebay...

See link.....
http://tinyurl.com/2kfaqu

Jonno[_6_] 23-02-2008 05:43 PM

rose gardening

Jonno wrote:
tchick wrote:
Hi everyone, I was wondering if a kind soul out there might be able to
help me. I'm looking to buy a book on rose gardening for a birthday
present, but I know very little about rose gardens! i was wondering if
someone might be able to recommend one, preferrably one that is good
for australian gardens. Would love any tips or pointers in the right
direction.
Many thanks
Danielle

Seems a good book on Ebay...

See link.....
http://tinyurl.com/2kfaqu

PS If you look around there are more good books there, on roses as
well as others on gardening....

Jonno[_6_] 24-02-2008 12:37 AM

rose gardening

tchick wrote:
Hi everyone, I was wondering if a kind soul out there might be able to
help me. I'm looking to buy a book on rose gardening for a birthday
present, but I know very little about rose gardens! i was wondering if
someone might be able to recommend one, preferrably one that is good
for australian gardens. Would love any tips or pointers in the right
direction.
Many thanks
Danielle

The other area in case you missed it...
http://tinyurl.com/34ww2u

Jonno[_6_] 25-02-2008 12:37 AM

rose gardening

Jonno wrote:
tchick wrote:
Hi everyone, I was wondering if a kind soul out there might be able to
help me. I'm looking to buy a book on rose gardening for a birthday
present, but I know very little about rose gardens! i was wondering if
someone might be able to recommend one, preferrably one that is good
for australian gardens. Would love any tips or pointers in the right
direction.
Many thanks
Danielle

Seems a good book on Ebay...

See link.....
http://tinyurl.com/2kfaqu

Seems like she sold all her books quickly.
Only one left...