GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Murraya paniculata (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/189265-murraya-paniculata.html)

jones 23-01-2010 09:28 AM

Murraya paniculata

I was given one in a pot and seems to be doing well, with new foliage, so I
must be doing something right :-)

It is about 1-1/2 to 2 ft high, would like to take a cutting from it and
start another pot, is this possible please?

If so which part can I cut off?

Thank you in advance
Katherine

kris anthem um 25-01-2010 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jones (Post 875477)
I was given one in a pot and seems to be doing well, with new foliage, so I
must be doing something right :-)

It is about 1-1/2 to 2 ft high, would like to take a cutting from it and
start another pot, is this possible please?

If so which part can I cut off?

Thank you in advance
Katherine

easy peasy. take cuttings from an actively growing part of plant. it should be roughly the same thickness as a ? hmm not as thick as pencil anyway but strong enough to support itself upright. take cutting in spring/summer and remove 75 % of foliage cut on angle just below leaf bud and stick in sandy mix keep moist and wait a few weeks. i would take ten or so and expect 50 percent success.keep out of direct sun and good luck. i place shopping bag over entire pot with 5 to 20 cuttings inside and place on saucer. been a while since i have taken any murraya cuttings as my garden grown bushes are constantly self seeding. with a little help from the birds....cheers kris.

jones 27-01-2010 02:25 AM

Murraya paniculata

Thank you Kris for the tips (pardon the pun) - hints.

Regards

--
kris anthem um