GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Are my plants confused?? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/36811-my-plants-confused.html)

Elguapo 16-07-2003 12:15 PM

Are my plants confused??

I have noticed that a few of the plants in my yard are showing evidence of
growth that I normally assocaited with Spring. My mullberry bush has new
leaf growth, as do several lysteria and my passionfruit has started
flowering but to name a few. I am in a bay side suburb of Melbourne. Has
any one else in Melbourne noticed this?

Trish Brown 17-07-2003 02:09 AM

Are my plants confused??

Elguapo wrote:

I have noticed that a few of the plants in my yard are showing evidence of
growth that I normally assocaited with Spring. My mullberry bush has new
leaf growth, as do several lysteria and my passionfruit has started
flowering but to name a few. I am in a bay side suburb of Melbourne. Has
any one else in Melbourne noticed this?

I'm in Newcastle and am seeing similar things. Weird, isn't it? My Wisteria is
budding and I've noticed wattles in full flower out along the Black Hill Road.
It *has* been a pretty mild winter...
--
Trish {|:-}
Newcastle, NSW, Australia

Gregory Toomey 17-07-2003 03:09 AM

Are my plants confused??

"Elguapo" wrote in message
I have noticed that a few of the plants in my yard are showing evidence of
growth that I normally assocaited with Spring. My mullberry bush has new
leaf growth, as do several lysteria and my passionfruit has started
flowering but to name a few. I am in a bay side suburb of Melbourne. Has
any one else in Melbourne noticed this?

The wattle was blooming in June here in Queensland which is very early.
Perhaps a combination of the druought & a warm Autumn.

We recorded the warmest single day in May ever this year.

gtoomey