GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Plants for my balcony (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/44887-plants-my-balcony.html)

Debbie Phillips 06-10-2003 12:45 PM

Plants for my balcony

Hi All

I have an apartment where part of my balcony faces north and the other part
faces East. What sort of plants would you guys recommend that I could put in
full sun?

Thanks

Jane VR 07-10-2003 02:16 AM

Plants for my balcony

Debbie Phillips wrote:
Hi All

I have an apartment where part of my balcony faces north and the other part
faces East. What sort of plants would you guys recommend that I could put in
full sun?

Thanks

A lot of things like full sun. You just have to remember to water them.
What kind of things do you want, a privacy screen, a climber, flowers,
etc. You could grow some veggies if you wanted. Geraniums are great in
pots. So are citrus and herbs.

Besides watering, the most important thing is to make sure the pots are
big enough for the plants.

Jane

Bushy 07-10-2003 02:28 AM

Plants for my balcony

Tomatoes go really well in full sun and are easily grown in larger pots or
styrofoam fruit boxes full of potting mix.

If you are high enough so no-one can see in, you could grow wacky weed the
same way!

Pun intended,
Peter