Old 21-02-2004, 02:26 AM
Terry Collins

Default Repairing the Lawn Mower

Short version: URL's wanted.

Long version {:-).

Well, despite the dry, our grass has grown enough that it need another
mow. Unfortunately the lawn mower decided after a few coughs and spins
to not co-operate. Neither has it responded to the usual minor fiddling,
(clean plugs, clean filter, etc).

In fact I know it is one of those major maintenance/clean up times. So
rather that just take it partly apart and clean it and hope it works
after putting it back together (like last time last year{:-), I thought
I would use it as a learning exercise to lean a little about lawn
mower/small motors repairs.

So, if you have a URL or two, or even a google string that gives good
information, I would be thankful if you would share it.

For those who know a bit. It is a Victor Cosair, aka Briggs & Stratton
3.5HP 4 stroke engine. If I manually choke it (hold the vane over) with
the air hose removed from the top of the carburettor I can get it to
start.

Slowly releasing the (automatic?) choke vane allows the revs to get up
to about 75%, but then suddenly it throttles down. It seems to flood the
engine as I then have to clean the spark plug and start again. TIA

Hmm, I suppose I should have started this message "searching for garden
organic matter" as the small collection in this dry time will end up in
the compost heap. {:-)

Repairing a neglected lawn. tenplay Gardening 3 22-05-2005 01:50 AM
Repairing the Lawn Mower Terry Collins Australia 16 26-02-2004 08:02 AM
repairing lawn rickm Lawns 4 23-07-2003 03:03 AM
new help repairing lawn in wintertime flip Lawns 2 05-05-2003 10:58 PM
new help repairing lawn in wintertime flip Lawns 4 17-01-2003 10:23 AM