Old 13-07-2004, 08:03 AM
GirlNextDoor

Default Dragon Fruit

Does anyone know where I can purchase a Dragon Fruit cactus (Hylocereus
undatus) from in Brisbane? Or seeds as a last resort?

TIA,
GirlNextDoor

Old 13-07-2004, 04:14 PM
gl

I saw the plants for sale once (a few months ago) at Hawkins in Carindale...
I don't know if they still stock them. I'd suggest phoning around your local
nurseries - if they don't stock them, they should be able to order them in.
But if you're like me, you can't be bothered ordering things, and want them
right away
I wonder if they can be propogated from seeds scraped out of supermarket
bought fruits? (All my local woolworths sell the fruit). I found this info
on germination:

Seeds should be sown just under the surface of a good quality sterile cacti
and succulent mix. Cover pot with plastic wrapping to keep humidity high.
Seeds will germinate in one to three weeks. Keep in part shade until
germination. Seedlings can be slowy uncovered and adjusted to increasing
sunlight over the weeks.

Old 14-07-2004, 12:07 AM
Ken Oaf

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 16:53:20 +1000, "GirlNextDoor"
wrote:

Does anyone know where I can purchase a Dragon Fruit cactus (Hylocereus
undatus) from in Brisbane? Or seeds as a last resort?

I've seen the fruit for sale at my local green grocer and I've often wondered
what they taste like. Hassle is I am in Sydney.

Old 14-07-2004, 03:06 AM
Barbara

GirlNextDoor wrote:
Does anyone know where I can purchase a Dragon Fruit cactus
(Hylocereus undatus) from in Brisbane? Or seeds as a last resort?

TIA,
GirlNextDoor

I bought mine through Paradise Distributors
http://www.bena-australis.aunz.com/p...site/index.htm

They are mail order only & I can thoroughly recomend them, have bought many
plants from them, without any problems at all.

Old 15-07-2004, 12:50 AM
GirlNextDoor

I'm not usually so specific. I like to browse the fruiting plants at
Bunnings and impulse buy. :-)

I did try growing dragon fruit from seeds I collected myself. Didn't have
any luck. But then I didn't cover the pot with plastic.

Old 15-07-2004, 12:50 AM
GirlNextDoor

wrote:

Does anyone know where I can purchase a Dragon Fruit cactus (Hylocereus
undatus) from in Brisbane? Or seeds as a last resort?

I've seen the fruit for sale at my local green grocer and I've often

wondered
what they taste like. Hassle is I am in Sydney.

They are expensive to buy but they taste really good. The texture is a bit
like kiwi fruit because of all the seeds but it's not as watery and has a
milder taste. And unlike most fruit, one serve leaves you feeling like
you've had something substantial to eat.

Old 15-07-2004, 12:51 AM
GirlNextDoor

"Barbara" wrote in message
GirlNextDoor wrote:
Does anyone know where I can purchase a Dragon Fruit cactus
(Hylocereus undatus) from in Brisbane? Or seeds as a last resort?

TIA,
GirlNextDoor

I bought mine through Paradise Distributors
http://www.bena-australis.aunz.com/p...site/index.htm

They are mail order only & I can thoroughly recomend them, have bought

many
plants from them, without any problems at all.

Thank you! I have bookmarked the site as I can see myself being a repeat
customer.

Old 23-08-2005, 04:35 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlNextDoor
Does anyone know where I can purchase a Dragon Fruit cactus (Hylocereus
undatus) from in Brisbane? Or seeds as a last resort?

TIA,
GirlNextDoor
Hello...I am Zainal from malaysia and i think i have what u want...Dragon fruit seedings.
contact me at
thanks

Dragon Fruit qazwsxed Edible Gardening 0 30-05-2011 08:01 AM
Dragon fruit Sacha United Kingdom 28 15-11-2007 09:12 PM
Dragon Fruit - Pitaya - Hylocereus David D Stretch United Kingdom 5 23-05-2006 03:01 PM
Problems with Dracaena marginata (dragon Tree) mbelcher68 Gardening 0 15-10-2005 05:41 PM
Dragon fruit tosh Australia 1 06-08-2003 11:18 PM