GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Ladybird House (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/82519-ladybird-house.html)

The Lady Gardener 28-08-2004 08:42 AM

Ladybird House

Hello all

LAst Christmas a large nursery chain was selling "Ladybird Houses", and I
was given one for Christmas. The blurb all assured me that ladybirds by the
zillions would come and live in this new home.

I put it up as per the instructions, but so far not even a spider or a
snail, far less a ladybird has taken up residence.

My garden is pesticide free.

Did any one else buy one of these? Did any one have success? Can anyone
suggest how I might entice a _insert suitable collective noun here_ of
ladybirds to populate my house?
--
..·´¨¨)) -:¦:-

Bushy 28-08-2004 11:55 AM

Can anyone
suggest how I might entice a _insert suitable collective noun here_ of
ladybirds to populate my house?

I seem to remember they love aphids to eat, so just find a friend with some
and take a couple of plants covered with them home!

Hope this helps,
Peter

p.s. And your neighbours don't linch you!