Old 28-08-2004, 08:42 AM
The Lady Gardener

Default Ladybird House

Hello all

LAst Christmas a large nursery chain was selling "Ladybird Houses", and I
was given one for Christmas. The blurb all assured me that ladybirds by the
zillions would come and live in this new home.

I put it up as per the instructions, but so far not even a spider or a
snail, far less a ladybird has taken up residence.

My garden is pesticide free.

Did any one else buy one of these? Did any one have success? Can anyone
suggest how I might entice a _insert suitable collective noun here_ of
ladybirds to populate my house?
--
..·´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

Old 28-08-2004, 11:55 AM
Bushy

Can anyone
suggest how I might entice a _insert suitable collective noun here_ of
ladybirds to populate my house?

I seem to remember they love aphids to eat, so just find a friend with some
and take a couple of plants covered with them home!

Hope this helps,
Peter

p.s. And your neighbours don't linch you!

Mr Ladybird in or out of house john reeves United Kingdom 4 14-02-2011 09:55 PM
Harleqin Ladybird. Brin United Kingdom 2 13-04-2007 05:22 PM
ladybird??? p.k. United Kingdom 7 03-06-2005 07:47 PM
Ladybird Rhyme. Brian United Kingdom 15 15-05-2004 09:06 AM
First Ladybird! Martin Sykes United Kingdom 2 27-03-2003 10:56 PM