Old 12-10-2004, 12:37 PM
Syracuse

Default Globe Artichokes

Hi

Some may remember my pathetic pleadings for advise regarding non-producing
Artichokes some time back. Well, now it's spring and the two I have in pots
have produced one each. Fantastic except that a bug that obviously
subscribes to this group as well was lying in wait and has burrowed into
one.

Anyway, they work.

So thanks for the previous replies.

Graeme

Old 13-10-2004, 12:09 AM
Geodyne

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 21:37:38 +1000, "Syracuse" boo wrote:

Hi

Some may remember my pathetic pleadings for advise regarding non-producing
Artichokes some time back. Well, now it's spring and the two I have in pots
have produced one each. Fantastic except that a bug that obviously
subscribes to this group as well was lying in wait and has burrowed into
one.

Anyway, they work.

So thanks for the previous replies.

I missed the previous discussion (it probably happened while on
holiday), but artichokes are gross feeders. The number of heads you
get will directly correlate to how much fertiliser they get. They love
a good dose of cow manure in late winter/early spring.

Geodyne