GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Flouride in water (i.e. tanks) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/87006-flouride-water-i-e-tanks.html)

Chookie 03-12-2004 07:49 AM

In article ,
(nyscof) wrote:

Actually, researchers found little or no difference in decay rates
between Australian children who drink fluoridated tap water and those
who drink non-fluoridated tank or bottled water. Here's the story.

rest snipped

You might wish to follow the exchange between "nyscof" (who pops up at any
mention of the f-word in any usenet group) and myself in alt.aus.parents, in a
thread entitled "operation tomorrow".

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"Life is like a cigarette -- smoke it to the butt." -- Harvie Krumpet

Aprill 03-12-2004 09:29 AM

Chookie wrote:
In article ,
(nyscof) wrote:

Actually, researchers found little or no difference in decay rates
between Australian children who drink fluoridated tap water and those
who drink non-fluoridated tank or bottled water. Here's the story.

rest snipped

You might wish to follow the exchange between "nyscof" (who pops up at any
mention of the f-word in any usenet group) and myself in alt.aus.parents, in a
thread entitled "operation tomorrow".

Thanks Chookie. Entertaining and informative, as usual. :)

...aprill

nyscof 03-12-2004 11:16 AM

Chookie wrote in message ...
In article ,
(nyscof) wrote:

Actually, researchers found little or no difference in decay rates
between Australian children who drink fluoridated tap water and those
who drink non-fluoridated tank or bottled water. Here's the story.

rest snipped

You might wish to follow the exchange between "nyscof" (who pops up at any
mention of the f-word in any usenet group)

It's a tough job; but someone has to do it. Thank you for directing
people to more of our information.

Ain't the internet wonderful. Let's hope it stays free for the
exchange of information among open minded people - information which
usually can't be found in most of the mainstream media who rely on
advertising to survive. Big businesses such as Procter & Gamble and
Colgate would probably pull their ads if a fluoride bashing article
appeared.

New York State Coalition Opposed to Fluoridation
http://www.orgsites.com/ny/nyscof
http://www.orgsites.com/ny/newyorkst...tofluoridation
http://www.freewebs.com/nyscof

Fluoride NewsTracker Blog
http://www.fluoridenews.blogspot.com

Fluoride Action Network
http://www.fluoridealert.org

Amy Lou 04-12-2004 08:38 AM

"Aprill" wrote in message
u...
HI all,

Given our recent tank talk I am curious about what people do about
flouride, if anything. I have seen the wonders of flouride in our urban
drinking water and I am wondering do any of you take any measures with
your rain water?

I believe kids get all the fluoride they need from toothpaste these days.

Amy

BCL 05-12-2004 01:13 AM

On 30 Nov 2004 03:03:27 -0800, (nyscof) wrote:

Actually, researchers found little or no difference in decay rates
between Australian children who drink fluoridated tap water and those
who drink non-fluoridated tank or bottled water. Here's the story.

I suspect that this is like the great bicycle helmet debate, both
sides can produce 'statistics' which prove their case.

Regards
Bruce

China 11-12-2004 05:54 AM

G'day Aprill,
Whatever the pro's and cons of fluoride, you can gain enough from fluoride
toothpastes, and that's easier than fiddling with the tank water.

China
Wingham
NSW

"Aprill" wrote in message
u...
HI all,

Given our recent tank talk I am curious about what people do about
flouride, if anything. I have seen the wonders of flouride in our urban
drinking water and I am wondering do any of you take any measures with
your rain water?

cheerio,
aprill