Old 23-01-2005, 09:48 AM
Chookie

In article ,
len gardener wrote:

and what are you saying you didn't have your own grown chilly
source!!?? tut, tut, tut.

My first round of chilli plants either died of damping off or keeled over when
I planted them out :-( I've just planted some more seedlings out. In the
last few days we've had moderate temps and good rainfall, so I think they will
establish well. The only problem is that the increased humidity means more
fruit fly on the tomatoes.

but don't it taste grand hey?

Oooooh, yeah!!

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"Life is like a cigarette -- smoke it to the butt." -- Harvie Krumpet
Old 23-01-2005, 11:26 AM
Terry Collins

Chookie wrote:

My first round of chilli plants either died of damping off or keeled over when
I planted them out :-( I've just planted some more seedlings out.

Okay, so you plant chillis now in sydney?
I have a few different types my brother and father gave me last year
that I'd like to at least grow once.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:27 AM
Chookie

In article , Terry Collins
wrote:

Okay, so you plant chillis now in sydney?
I have a few different types my brother and father gave me last year
that I'd like to at least grow once.

I'm planting *seedlings* now. It might be a bit late to plant seeds. There
is a gardening calendar at http://www.global-garden.com.au/ that you might
like to look at.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"In Melbourne there is plenty of vigour and eagerness, but there is
nothing worth being eager or vigorous about."
Francis Adams, The Australians, 1893.
Old 05-02-2005, 09:55 PM
SG1

Thanks Chookie I'll put that url in my favourites right now.
Jim

"Chookie" wrote in message
In article , Terry Collins