Old 23-01-2005, 06:36 PM
steve m

Default problem with sunflowers

G'day, I have planted about 2 dozen sunflower seeds weeks ago which have now
flowered, but probably half of them are loosing their petals. Is there any
reason for this? Cheers.

Old 26-01-2005, 10:25 PM
John Savage

"steve m" writes:
G'day, I have planted about 2 dozen sunflower seeds weeks ago which have now
flowered, but probably half of them are loosing their petals. Is there any
reason for this? Cheers.

Is this a trick question???
--
John Savage, wondering whether "petals" should read "leaves"

Old 27-01-2005, 03:48 PM
steve m

"John Savage" wrote in message
om...
"steve m" writes:
G'day, I have planted about 2 dozen sunflower seeds weeks ago which have

now
flowered, but probably half of them are loosing their petals. Is there

any
reason for this? Cheers.

Is this a trick question???

nope, I spose I could look it up in the dummies guide to gardening. I know
zilch bout it.

--
John Savage, wondering whether "petals" should read "leaves"

Old 05-02-2005, 07:29 AM
Chookie

In article , "steve m"
wrote:

G'day, I have planted about 2 dozen sunflower seeds weeks ago which have now
flowered, but probably half of them are loosing their petals. Is there any
reason for this?

Er, yes.

They don't last long -- probably less than a week before flowering off. Leave
the plants where they are untilt he head dries, and you will have seeds for
next year. Leave them a bit too long and you will suddenly have a back yard
of happy parrots.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"In Melbourne there is plenty of vigour and eagerness, but there is
nothing worth being eager or vigorous about."
Francis Adams, The Australians, 1893.