Old 29-03-2005, 11:48 AM
Glenn

Default Plant Identification

I have just moved into a place and these bulbs were left by the previous
owner. After a few weeks a flower spike appeared on one.

Can anybody identify this or know a place I could go to on the web or in
Melbourne to have it identified

http://us.f1f.yahoofs.com/bc/22756f0....ITSCB6O339DoT

Should they be destroyed or if they are a useable plant how should they be
planted and looked after

Old 29-03-2005, 06:27 PM
len gardener

g'day glen,

that link won't open up for me mate, had a look at the url addy can't
see what's not right.

len

snipped
--
happy gardening

my e/mail addies have spam filters you should know what to delete before you send.
Old 30-03-2005, 09:53 AM
China

G'day Glen,
Wow! - Thats a Triffid for sure mate, look out!

Have those leaves been trimmed at all, or allways been 'scale like' ?

China
Wingham
NSW

Old 30-03-2005, 10:06 AM
Glenn

It has just been this 'scale like' the whole time. It has never had any
leaves. the flower just grew out the top.

news

Old 01-04-2005, 10:43 AM
Glenn

Thanks Linda

Blood lily is what it is.

"Linda" wrote in message
I cannot get the picture up any way either - this isn't my mother's
witch's broomstick again is it???? Description sounds like it.
(Triffid and leaves just scales)

That ended up being HAEMANTHUS (syn SCINDOXUS) also Blood Lily and
Ox-Tongue Lily.

Picture of that at:

http://chloesgarden.blogspot.com/200...lengthens.html

Cheers