Old 28-02-2012, 07:33 AM

Location: California

Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Why is Banboo so expencive?

From what I herd is grown very easily, just divide some and move it and it
will begin to grow. I can see pay $5-$10 for some but paying $19-$40 on
ebay is out of price range.
Is there something I don't know about the high price? Please advise.

Thanks,

David
We commonly get questions regarding the high price of bamboo. Many gardeners complain that bamboo plants are too expensive when compared to other common plants/trees, such as Palms or Eucalyptus trees. There are 2 major factors that cause the high cost of bamboo.

First reason is propagation, which is the creation of new plants, it's a very difficult process with bamboo. The flowering and seed production stage of bamboo only occurs are extremely long intervals. Some bamboo species only produce seeds every 100 years of more. The lack of available seeds requires growers to propagate new plants with rhizome cuttings.

Second reason is plant rarity. Many bamboo species are extremely rare in US and importing bamboo from overseas is highly restricted. and it can take many years for a newly introduced species to become established and available to the public. Species must remain in an Federal quarantine area for a number of years before being released into the environment. For this reason, you will rarely see major nurseries, such as Home Depot or Lowes focus on bamboo plant sales. There is simply not enough profit potential in bamboo plants to make it worth their while.
__________________
Fruit Trees

Old 19-10-2012, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Why is Banboo so expencive?

From what I herd is grown very easily, just divide some and move it and it
will begin to grow. I can see pay $5-$10 for some but paying $19-$40 on
ebay is out of price range.
Is there something I don't know about the high price? Please advise.

Thanks,

David
It's so expensive because people use it as sex toys :/
Old 19-10-2012, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Drew Wilkinson View Post
It's so expensive because people use it as sex toys :/
Bamboo*
****ing retard
Old 18-02-2013, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Sun Guangyi View Post
Not really. If you buy from me, it is just $2. 88come.com: The Leading Come Site on the Net

Hi everyone
Yeah It is true. Melbourne has been cursed with the highly invasive Golden Bamboo for many decades now. If it is planted with no boundaries it will fulfil its duties to invade the whole area. That's why its costly in Asia and another country.....
Old 25-02-2013, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Cyril View Post
Hi everyone
Yeah It is true. Melbourne has been cursed with the highly invasive Golden Bamboo for many decades now. If it is planted with no boundaries it will fulfil its duties to invade the whole area. That's why its costly in Asia and another country.....

Visit Here...
Shop Fronts