GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Bamboo (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bamboo/)
-   -   timber bamboo on Vancouver Island? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bamboo/45588-timber-bamboo-vancouver-island.html)

Brian Barnson 17-10-2003 01:22 AM

timber bamboo on Vancouver Island?

Hi
I'm wondering what to expect if I plant P. heterocycla pubescens or
P. vivax just south of Nanaimo. It's probably Zone 7-ish. Will I get useful
timber, say 3 inch, in a reasonable time?
Brian, in Cedar

Travis 17-10-2003 08:42 AM

Brian Barnson wrote:
Hi
I'm wondering what to expect if I plant P. heterocycla
pubescens or
P. vivax just south of Nanaimo. It's probably Zone 7-ish. Will
I get useful timber, say 3 inch, in a reasonable time?
Brian, in Cedar

The climate is OK for those two. Fertilizer,mulch and water will have a
great effect on how fast they reach a mature size.

USDA Zone 8b
Sunset Zone 5

Brian Barnson 18-10-2003 05:22 PM

"Travis" wrote in message
Brian Barnson wrote:
Hi
I'm wondering what to expect if I plant P. heterocycla
pubescens or
P. vivax just south of Nanaimo. It's probably Zone 7-ish. Will
I get useful timber, say 3 inch, in a reasonable time?
Brian, in Cedar

The climate is OK for those two. Fertilizer,mulch and water will have a
great effect on how fast they reach a mature size.

Thanks, you've talked me into it. Are you getting as much
rain as we are?
Brian, in Cedar

Travis 19-10-2003 08:32 AM

Brian Barnson wrote: