Old 19-12-2003, 05:21 PM
Joao Paulo Paglione

Default IContact the Texas Bamboo Society

I want to start a bamboo garden in a climate where I know it grows. A
friend of mine has nice, tall bamboo at his house, but he didn't plant
it there. BTW, er live in Texas. Can I make some cuttings and plant it
that way. Any suggestions? What size do the cuttings need to be, how
long to hold them in water, etc. Does this have to be done at a
certain time of the year? Anything else I should know?

Thanks.

Contact the Texas Bamboo Society. They have a nice newsletter with
practical information and sketches to help you propogate bamboos from
cuttings. I would also suggest buying Bamboo World by Victor Cusack,
you can find it on Amazon.com!

http://www.bamboocentral.net/pages/588105/index.htm

The next two scheduled meeting dates for the Texas Bamboo Society a
Saturday, January 17, 2004 - Bamboo Work Day and Dig at the Chambers'
Groves, Buckholts, TX
more info re Jan 17, 2004 event
Saturday, January 24, 2004 - Zilker Botanical Garden in Austin, TX
10 am Bamboo Garden Study
1 pm Meeting - See events list for more details
Read about the Bamboo Silent Auction that was held at the Eleventh
Annual Texas Bamboo Festival here!
Plans are underway for the 12th Annual Texas Bamboo Festival which is
scheduled for Saturday and Sunday, August 28 and 29, 2004.

The Texas Bamboo Festival is the annual fund-raising event for the
Texas Bamboo Society. A portion of the proceeds will be used to foster
interest in bamboo, provide educational information, support bamboo
arts and crafts and to introduce new varieties to the multi-state
region represented by the Texas Bamboo Society.

Phone inquires
(512) 929-9565 or
(254) 593-4012