GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Bamboo (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bamboo/)
-   -   soaker hoses (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bamboo/78923-soaker-hoses.html)

tonyg 14-07-2004 12:08 PM

soaker hoses

How long do you water your bamboo with soaker hoses? The spigot is a bit
more than cracked open. thankyou. tonyg

Chris 17-07-2004 12:05 AM

soaker hoses

"tonyg" wrote in message ...
How long do you water your bamboo with soaker hoses? The spigot is a bit
more than cracked open. thankyou. tonyg

Why don't you get one of those inexpensive water timers that hook up
to your spigot? This way you turn the spigot on all the way and just
let it run for however long you want it to and not worry about it.
Put this in the Home Depot site search engine "MelnorElectronic Aqua
Timer Model 3015"

Depending on your area, I would let it run at least 15 minutes a day.
I am in So Cal where it is hot and dry, I have switched to drip lines
and I let them run for 20 minutes 2x a day, but they are watering a
lot of bamboo.