GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Bamboo (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bamboo/)
-   -   Which compost (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bamboo/95747-compost.html)

lassie 12-06-2005 06:26 PM

Which compost

We have 2 baby bamboo plants each in a tub. Is there any type of compost best suited to this plant?

Suzy 05-07-2005 04:57 PM

Hi, I see nobody replied to your question. Have you found out yet?
Bamboo needs a well drained soil and needs a lot of watering. Good luck.

Suzy 05-07-2005 04:57 PM

mr gulash 05-07-2005 06:31 PM

We have 2 baby bamboo plants each in a tub. Is there any type of
compost best suited to this plant?

the only issues i've seen with container bamboos is that you need good
drainage, but also good moisture retention. i think any compost that
i've seen pretty well satisfies those requirements. different species
*do* have different acid/alkaline desires, so depending on what type
you have that could be an issue.

- gulash.