Old 07-03-2003, 01:59 AM
Dwayne Burbridge

Default indoor species

The earlier post about keeping bamboo indoors got me thinking...any
suggestions for good indoor species. I have several varieties outside and
live in western Washington. thanks in advance for any input

Old 07-03-2003, 05:44 PM
Bri

Hi Dwayne:
I'm just south of Seattle. I have not had much luck with growing bamboo
indoors, I have some in my green house that do OK but for some reason
the ones inside the house croak off.

Old 08-03-2003, 02:20 AM
hermine stover

On Thu, 6 Mar 2003 17:52:57 -0800, "Dwayne Burbridge"
wrote:

The earlier post about keeping bamboo indoors got me thinking...any
suggestions for good indoor species. I have several varieties outside and
live in western Washington. thanks in advance for any input

I always liked to grow dwarf groundcover bamboos indoors, before i
had an outdoor garden. I grew them under fluorescent lights, and i was
especially pleased with the variegated forms.