GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   [IBC] Superthrive illegal in Canada (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/108528-re-%5Bibc%5D-superthrive-illegal-canada.html)

Billy M. Rhodes 27-10-2005 10:36 PM

[IBC] Superthrive illegal in Canada

My understanding:

They won't list their ingredients

Canada won't let the sell it.

Billy on the Florida Space Coast

++++Sponsored, in part, by John Romano++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Mike Rogers 28-10-2005 04:35 AM

[IBC] Superthrive illegal in Canada

CAUSE THEY GET WASTED ON IT!!!!!! THEY DRINK ANYTHING UP THERE
Mike Rogers

New Address

www.rogersrarities.com

Cell
209-482-3023

DISCLAIMER
If you find a posting or message from myself
offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please
ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a posting,
complain to me and I will demonstrate.

++++Sponsored, in part, by John Romano++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

++++Sponsored, in part, by John Romano++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Martin 28-10-2005 09:20 AM

[IBC] Superthrive illegal in Canada

I keep hearing about this 'amazing' Superthrive over the last couple of
years, just wondering if it's available in Australia or if not is there an
local equivalent product?

Jim Lewis 28-10-2005 01:36 PM

[IBC] The "art" of advertising

I keep hearing about this 'amazing' Superthrive over the last couple of
years, just wondering if it's available in Australia or if not is there an
local equivalent product?

A word of consumer advice: If an advertisement -- for any
product -- has "Amazing!" in it, DO NOT BUY!

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - People,
when Columbus discovered this country, it was plum full of
nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you (that) the
berries are just about all gone. -- Uncle Dave Macon, musician

Craig Cowing 28-10-2005 05:44 PM

[IBC] The "art" of advertising

On Oct 28, 2005, at 8:35 AM, Jim Lewis wrote:

I keep hearing about this 'amazing' Superthrive over the last couple
of
years, just wondering if it's available in Australia or if not is
there an
local equivalent product?

A word of consumer advice: If an advertisement -- for any product --
has "Amazing!" in it, DO NOT BUY!

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - People, when
Columbus discovered this country, it was plum full of nuts and
berries. And I'm right here to tell you (that) the berries are just
about all gone. -- Uncle Dave Macon, musician

Or, to quote my father, "If it sounds too good to be true it probably
is."

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37

Alexander Fraser 28-10-2005 05:55 PM

[IBC] Superthrive illegal in Canada

Probably why I had to get it brought across the border and shipped. lol

--
Regards,

Alexander Fraser
North of Toronto, Canada
USDA Zone 3B
CanSIS Zone 4A

compactfish 05-03-2008 02:21 AM

First, SuperTHRIVE is not illegal in Canada. In fact, you can buy it online from Natural Bonsai, a Canadian bonsai supply retailer. They ship throughout Canada.

Second, while I would generally agree with previous comments about buying overhyped products that say "AMAZING" right on the packaging, I would follow the advice of countless bonsai experts who swear by the product. I can't count how many books I've read that highly recommend SuperTHRIVE, and my personal experience with it is favourable too.

3388 17-03-2008 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by compactfish (Post 777305)
First, SuperTHRIVE is not illegal in Canada. In fact, you can buy it online from Natural Bonsai, a Canadian bonsai supply retailer. They ship throughout Canada.

Second, while I would generally agree with previous comments about buying overhyped products that say "AMAZING" right on the packaging, I would follow the advice of countless bonsai experts who swear by the product. I can't count how many books I've read that highly recommend SuperTHRIVE, and my personal experience with it is favourable too.

can i post reply without quote??

reetblak 20-01-2011 06:38 PM

I generally agree with previous comments on the purchase of the product, an overstatement that "amazing"right on the packaging, I will follow the advice of experts, and many who swear bonsai products. I can not count how many books I read, highly recommended Super Thrive, and my experience will help.