GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   [IBC] off-topic (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/11110-re-%5Bibc%5D-off-topic.html)

Derek Zieminski 20-03-2003 06:56 PM

[IBC] off-topic

I really don't see what the big deal of discussing war is on this forum.
There are many times that this group gets off of the subject, why not no?
War time is not peaceful for us or our trees. Many Proud Patriotic Americans
are under stress and discussing it (no matter where) is a way of venting.
Our economy is shot with fear of job security or finding work and we're at
war with an ungodly figure. So I only ask why not vent a little?

Derek

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Robert O'Brien 20-03-2003 07:32 PM

[IBC] off-topic

Ungodly figure ? !!!....and this is exactly the sort of statements Jim and
many others would probably like to avoid... I have to agree that this could
very easily get way out of hand and way too far away from Bonsai No ? think
on it....BobO

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Jim Lewis 20-03-2003 07:44 PM

[IBC] off-topic

Folks, I will say it ONCE more. We are NOT going to discuss this
and even when someone defends my position on list it merely feeds
the fuel and you will be OFF until you pledge to leave it alone.

I do NOT need defending. So stop. Please!

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL -- Bonsai List
manager

Ungodly figure ? !!!....and this is exactly the sort of

statements Jim and
many others would probably like to avoid... I have to agree

that this could
very easily get way out of hand and way too far away from

Bonsai No ? think
on it....BobO

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Iris Cohen 20-03-2003 11:56 PM

[IBC] off-topic

So I only ask why not vent a little?

OK by me. They do it periodically in rec.gardens. Some purists get upset, so
don't overdo it.

Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)

Monica Fernandez 21-03-2003 02:20 PM

[IBC] off-topic

Sorry, list! The message was supposed to be off-list.

Monika (Basque Country)

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Monica Fernandez 21-03-2003 02:20 PM

[IBC] off-topic

Maybe cause we are not only Proud Patriotic Americans here, and some of us
are not supporting this war. So Jim was allright, It can be a bit difficult
theme to talk about in this list.

Monika (Basque Country)
I really don't see what the big deal of discussing war is on this forum.
There are many times that this group gets off of the subject, why not no?
War time is not peaceful for us or our trees. Many Proud Patriotic

Americans
are under stress and discussing it (no matter where) is a way of venting.
Our economy is shot with fear of job security or finding work and we're at
war with an ungodly figure. So I only ask why not vent a little?

Derek

****

****

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++