Old 03-04-2003, 01:20 PM
Mary

Default Worm in soil of my cypress

I am very new to bonsai trees, having only owned one and this only for
three months. I have, however, tried to look after it as well as I
could during a very hard winter in Maine. I have kept it in a cool
room, soaked it once a week, sprayed the tree with water, and have not
fed it.

Yesterday, while looking at the soil under the moss that surrounds the
tree (the moss has not done too well as it is yellowish with a slight
smell, but has new growth intermingled), I noticed a tiny thin white
worm (measuring just about/under a quarter of an inch). I actually
touched it, and it moved away from my finger into the soil.

In the last week I have also noticed that the needles of the tree seem
to be dying off - though there are a couple of new shoots, but not
more than a couple.

Hope someone might be able to give me some advice as to what I could
do to get rid of the worm and what I might have done wrong.

Thanks.

Mary