GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   first bansai advice please (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/156504-first-bansai-advice-please.html)

Paul Watt 08-04-2007 05:21 PM

first bansai advice please

Hi,
I'm thinking of buying a bansai tree, but I dont know what sort to get. My
house has a south facing garden (in the uk) so the back of the house gets
sunshine. we're in a hard water area, so should I use bottled water to water
it? Many thanks.

--
Cheers

Paul watt
http://www.paulwattdesigns.com
http://www.amnesty.org

topcat6 14-10-2007 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Watt (Post 703606)
Hi,
I'm thinking of buying a bansai tree, but I dont know what sort to get. My
house has a south facing garden (in the uk) so the back of the house gets
sunshine. we're in a hard water area, so should I use bottled water to water
it? Many thanks.

--
Cheers

Paul watt
http://www.paulwattdesigns.com
http://www.amnesty.org

I to have a south facing garden and have a japanese maple growing happly in it it has been growing for four years and is turning into a wonderful bonsai, as for hard warter dont worry to much i to live in a hard water area and i mist the maple leaves and it ha not done them any harm.

Ichigo 05-11-2007 09:45 PM

I'd be more worried about chlorine than water hardness

mor 24-11-2007 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ichigo (Post 758233)
I'd be more worried about chlorine than water hardness

japanese maple