GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Chinese MayFlower (Serissa) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/179472-chinese-mayflower-serissa.html)

foxxxi 28-10-2008 07:59 AM

Chinese MayFlower (Serissa)

Hi Guys,

I got a chinese mayflower (serissa) in February last year - it was a valentines day gift from my man
Anyhow - neither of us knew how to take care of Bonsais at that point, so we made it all up as we went along..

The bonsai (according to the nursery) was 5 years old.
Anyhow, we made a mistake of puting it outside in the sun one day - little did we know that its leaves were not strong enough to handle the sun. Low and behold - we got home that afternoon to see every little leaf singed and dry because of the sun
Not too long after that, it was winter time, so I guess the tree may have also gone dormant.. who knows..
Anyhow - its now springtime here (Johannesburg, South Africa) - We have now repotted the bonsai into a bigger pot, as we saw that the soil was hard and stale in the other tiny pot. The bonsai is now in bonsai soil - which we got from the nursery. its in one of those pots that has stacks of holes in it, so that you can never over-water the bonsai. These pots have actually worked really well for our baby bonsai's which we grew from seeds..

Anyhow - sorry to ramble - do you think that there is still a chance of saving this bonsai? What should I be doing now?

foxxxi 28-10-2008 08:03 AM

p.s. should I bring the bonsai indoors now?