Old 30-04-2003, 04:45 AM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] ADMIN: LIST MANNERS (was: [IBC] Big Bucks)

What the hell is this? Isn't our list monitored?

Gosh. Don't get your drawers in a knot.

How many of these do you see on the list in the course of a day,
week, month, year? This was just about the only one, yes?

Of course we have security, and it's pretty good, too, but we
also are linked to a news group -- rec.arts.bonsai -- and despite
everything, an odd message occasionally creeps in that way. And
also, there's nothing that says that vj1299 couldn't have gone to
the trouble of subscribing to the list and going through the
acknowledgement process.

I checked, though, and as it happens, he didn't, and the message
probably crept in via the news group.

It's still nothing that you needed to compound (as I am doing,
now) with a curt note and a profanity.

Everyone else had managed to ingore it. Take that as a genentle
hint as to the proper behavior the next time the odd message
creeps through. (As I recall, the last one we had was a lot
worse than this one.)

And, I'll add _another_ plea that everyone please snip old
messages as I did here. That spam now resides in our archives
TWICE!

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL -- Bonsai List
manager

Big Bucks Vj1299 Orchids 0 06-05-2003 02:44 PM
Big Bucks Gene Schurg Orchids 1 30-04-2003 06:32 AM
Big Bucks Vj1299 Bonsai 0 30-04-2003 12:20 AM