GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Curly Willow pruning (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/196582-curly-willow-pruning.html)

coykiesaol 25-04-2011 09:02 AM

Curly Willow pruning

'm new to the bonzai world but I heard that curly willows make great starting trees. Well, I got a cutting from a friend about a year ago and now it is around 2 feet tall in its pot and wanted to make it into a bonzai. My question is, is there any special way you prune a willow as apposed to other more hardwood varieties? I have already shaped the trunk the way I want it with wire and plenty of patience Very Happy but just need help in the branch pruning. Thanks!