Old 27-02-2003, 03:53 AM
luc tran

Default [IBC] Help!!!

Hi all,

It's not that urgent but does anybody know of a good
site in Texas that I can go collect tree from. I live
around Austin so any area around here is fine. I don't
think I will go to the far side of the state just yet.
If possible please tell me the kind of tree that is in
the area.

Thanks,
Luc Tran

http://taxes.yahoo.com/

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 27-02-2003, 03:53 AM
Alan Walker

Luc Tran: Your area of Texas has good areas for collecting ash juniper and cedar
elm. I recommend that you consult your local bonsai club, the Austin Bonsai
Society, for specific collecting sites. http://www.main.org/bonsai/index.htm
You may be able to find an experienced tree collector to go with you. That
is invaluable, because it takes a while to develop an eye for finding good bonsai
material sometimes. To paraphrase an old adage, sometimes you can't see the tree for
the forest.
Also, remember that you must have permission from the land owner BEFORE you
collect. Otherwise, it is called stealing and is a crime punishable by fine and/or
imprisonment.
Alan Walker, Lake Charles, LA, USA
http://LCBSBonsai.org http://bonsai-bci.com