GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Plane travel with a bonsai (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/28985-plane-travel-bonsai.html)

Erin Louise Johanson (RinnyWee) 26-05-2003 03:56 PM

Plane travel with a bonsai

Hello all,

I am going to Iceland for a month in August and wish to take my bonsai
(Serissa) with me (there is no one here I trust enough to look after her
and nurseries wish to charge me an arm and a leg). I have contacted both
Icelandic and French customs officials and there are no problems taking
her into both countries.

I would appreciate some advice on how to keep her happy during the
flight and what special precautions I should take before, during and
after (if any).

Thanks a lot.
Erin Johanson

Theo 28-05-2003 09:56 AM

Plane travel with a bonsai

Erin I have a tecknique that last for 3 -4 weeks and need just one
watering for once and for all .. if you want to know I can send you
privately the drawing and you will see how easy it is and you do not
bother to carry your tree with you
Theo